Making Hijrah

General advice, lessons learned, failed attempts, considerations before the move
Miryem33
Origin: USA
Flag: Turkey

Making Hijrah

Postby Miryem33 » Sep 23, 2016

I am a sister who has lived in other Muslim countries for a long time but for personal reasons I came back to the USA. I am very unhappy here because it is a very un Islamic environment. Its impossible to adjust to the life here after living in a few Muslim countries. How can I make Hijrah again? I worry about my deen here because there is so much fitnah. I think most Muslims would find it hard if they are trying to live a completley Islamic life. Now with all the problems its getting harder. I want to make hijrah but permanantly.

AbuElyas
Valued Contributor
Flag: Malaysia

Re: Making Hijrah

Postby AbuElyas » Sep 27, 2016

As salaamu alaikum sister. Welcome to the board. May Allah make it easy for you and open up the doors to hijrah for you. Trying to find a permanent destination can be a challenge with all of the immigration restrictions in many places. There appear to be a few countries that make citizenship an easy possibility. A few others may have permanent resident options. Unfortunately the ease often comes with marriage to a citizen, or establishing businesses in that country. Which countries have you been to already? Can you share some of your experiences with those?

Miryem33
Flag: Turkey

Postby Miryem33 » Oct 03, 2016

Selam alekum,

What countries are easier to get citizenship in? It seems since its so hard for Muslims to live in western countries that at least some Muslim countries should allow Muslims to integrate. It truly can be hard to practice Islam in western countries especially now when it is getting worse with everything being blamed on Muslims. For personal reasons I had to leave a country I lived in for a long time and had a visa actually because the loss of marriage. So it makes sense to get married again but I would prefer to try to go on my own as if I marry again it has to be right. I actually have an opportunity to study at a women's Quran course and get a diploma as well after taking the course in a Muslim country! The problem is it would be only for a year. I do have friends there and worked there as well so maybe I could get a work visa working with kids after the course finishes. InshAllah. Allah will make a way for me and those motivated to move out of western lands.

AbuElyas
Valued Contributor
Flag: Malaysia

Postby AbuElyas » Oct 03, 2016

Recently I saw some information about Turkey and Gambia having pretty short periods where you could get citizenship. Some of that information is posted in the respective country forums. Otherwise, I'm not too sure about many others.

sahel
Flag: United States of America

Postby sahel » Jan 01, 2017

Salamu alaikum your question is proof the post of Ansar is vacant. Or the new Ansar is a job or marriage. For the young and bright it is the university system in the gulf. I'm 51 with no degree so it's very difficult for me and others in my demographics it get into the gulf states.

These States are more protective of Islam and you can learn your deen so I prefer them over North Africa and Sub Sahara Africa, South East Asia.I lived in Misr, Gambia, and currently in Senegal.

So where are the Ansar? To me they aren't communities of people in rural and urban areas. There's a new Ansar. As I mentioned before Universities, employers, and marriage.

I don't know if you all are paying attention but many gulf states know the oil can't last. They are trying to open these countries to foreign direct investment. Saudi has made it easy for the entrepreneur to do business, an export trade business doesn't need a lot of money for a business license and it comes with a visa or two. checkout "SAGIA Saudi" on Google. Also Dubai has an Airport free trade zone.

I stumbled on an expat site for non Muslim Expat I saw, IN DETAIL, how non Muslims are living in the gulf and SUPPORTING each other to do so. They are creating consultant business out of the Free Trade Zone. Buy the way Dubai own the second largest airfreight business second to Fedex. I'm researching export trade now anyone know the industry or want to help with research message me. Anyway, the gulf is open for business but you gotta do your homework.

I have also looked at other countries. Muslims are really hemmed in. There's a growing trend to label people who are striving with the T word these are government policies.

Some people might consider the lesser evil move to another non Muslim country where you can build up some skills save and study more.

What I'm trying to say here is there's ways into the Gulf but try to do it by supporting each other more. I'm waiting.

Ibraheem
Valued Contributor
Origin: United States
Flag: Sudan

Postby Ibraheem » Feb 26, 2017

Sahel, very interesting, things to think about.

BintAbdulWahid2018
Origin: United States of America

Postby BintAbdulWahid2018 » Jan 20, 2018

Asalaam aleykum,

It may take a while but getting an education to obtain a degree is one of the sure fire ways to be allowed to live in the Gulf. Long term. Teaching is, Alhamdulillah a halal means and it is in high demand. Government schools, private schools, are constantly hiring. I have met non Muslim teachers who have lived and worked in UAE 8+ years. Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, etc. They need English teachers. In shaa Allaah, it's something a lot of us take advantage of.

BintAbdulWahid2018
Origin: United States of America

Postby BintAbdulWahid2018 » Jan 28, 2018

I'm waiting for a network of Muslims who make it to the Gulf and establish businesses as well...SubhanAllah.

[="sahel"]Salamu alaikum your question is proof the post of Ansar is vacant. Or the new Ansar is a job or marriage. For the young and bright it is the university system in the gulf. I'm 51 with no degree so it's very difficult for me and others in my demographics it get into the gulf states.

These States are more protective of Islam and you can learn your deen so I prefer them over North Africa and Sub Sahara Africa, South East Asia.I lived in Misr, Gambia, and currently in Senegal.

So where are the Ansar? To me they aren't communities of people in rural and urban areas. There's a new Ansar. As I mentioned before Universities, employers, and marriage.

I don't know if you all are paying attention but many gulf states know the oil can't last. They are trying to open these countries to foreign direct investment. Saudi has made it easy for the entrepreneur to do business, an export trade business doesn't need a lot of money for a business license and it comes with a visa or two. checkout "SAGIA Saudi" on Google. Also Dubai has an Airport free trade zone.

I stumbled on an expat site for non Muslim Expat I saw, IN DETAIL, how non Muslims are living in the gulf and SUPPORTING each other to do so. They are creating consultant business out of the Free Trade Zone. Buy the way Dubai own the second largest airfreight business second to Fedex. I'm researching export trade now anyone know the industry or want to help with research message me. Anyway, the gulf is open for business but you gotta do your homework.

I have also looked at other countries. Muslims are really hemmed in. There's a growing trend to label people who are striving with the T word these are government policies.

Some people might consider the lesser evil move to another non Muslim country where you can build up some skills save and study more.

What I'm trying to say here is there's ways into the Gulf but try to do it by supporting each other more. I'm waiting.[/quote]

Return to “General Discussion”